Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Luck vs Probability

"Luck is merely probabilities." - Brian Tracy

I began giving motivational and inspirational speeches back in late 2006 to college level students as a part of a career-planning class. One core idea I expanded on was that there is no such thing as luck when you are actively looking for something, such as a career path and related opportunities. The way I put it was - if we are already seeking this stuff and an opportunity presents itself, it was by way of probability and not luck. If you weren't looking for it and it lands in your lap, then maybe that is luck, but how passionate are you about random things that fall from the sky?

Three and a half years later, I stumbled upon this video by Brian Tracy, king of salespeople and so much more. The above quote is right from the video and it just confirms, to me, that I wasn't nuts for believing what I do about this so called 'luck' thing.

Check out the message below:


No comments: